Monday, February 21, 2011

Triptych...say What!?

A Triptych is pretty much a work of art divided into three panels, which are then hinged together and folded. Last year, the magazine Cloth Paper Scissors put out a call for Triptychs that used the same image and colours on each panel and I was so inspired by the response, I filed all the info away in the recesses of my brain for a class later. And that later has come!
We are going to create three beautiful panels based on Tim Holtz's fabulous caged bird die. I'll show you a couple of great techniques for creating a rich and textured background, and we'll have fun with feathers, tags, ink, flowers and tape! I had so much fun making these panels...I hope to share some of that with you!

Saturday, March 26, 2011
Noon to 4:00 pm
$30 (+gst)

Please Bring:
- scissors
- apron or smock
- paint brush (any size or style)
I will provide all other supplies!

You can email me with any questions (lisakercher@gmail.com).
Please call the store to sign up: (780) 414-1540

No comments: