Monday, October 3, 2011

Inking Workshop


In case you haven't noticed, I rely heavily on my inks and stains and mist and sprays when scrapbooking. I love pulling out my tools and creating a special background before I even lay a piece of paper or photo down on the page. I'm taking this knowledge to the streets with my special "inking workshop", happening at Treasured Memories in November.

We'll spend a couple of hours playing with stencils, stains, inks and sprays. I've got a lot of techniques up my sleeves: layering, making your own stencils and stamps out of everyday objects, and how to get great splatters every time. I will walk you through the steps on a blank background, then let you try the technique yourself.

I like my "messy" workshops to be as laid back as possible, and are based around practice and experimentation in a relaxed and pressure-free environment! Come and play with my toys and see if you like them enough to take some of your own home with you. Or maybe you already own all this stuff, but have no idea what to do with it!

Workshop Details:
Saturday, November 5th
11:00am to 2:00pm
OR

Thursday, November 17th
6:00pm to 9:00pm
Please choose the date/time that works best for your schedule. We will cover the same techniques in each.
$40 (+gst)
Member's Discount applies

You will get to take home with you: TWO Crafter's Workshop stencils of your choice (one large + one small), one Distress Ink and one Distress Stain in the colours of your choice, and all the backgrounds you create in class (~10).

Please bring:
- Non-stick craft mat
- Apron
- Any sprays, mists, stains, inks or other inking media you have in your stash at home. We'll use a lot of my own product, but maybe I can answer any questions you have about your own stuff.
- One or two stamps that you love from your stash at home. I will have stamps for you to use, but I would also like to show you how to use your own supplies in a new way!

Please call the store to sign up, or if you have any questions about the class: (780) 414-1540 This is great for any level of scrapbooker.

No comments: