Saturday, January 1, 2011

Art Journaling: Getting Started

This class is perfect  for those ladies out there that buy out all the Cloth Paper Scissors issues at TM before I can get my hands on them! I think "art journaling" is a great way to test out new ideas and techniques, and sketch out projects in a "no holds barred" sort of way.

But for scrapbookers, starting one can sometimes be intimidating: "do I have the right supplies?...what topics do I cover?...I don't consider myself "artistic"..." are all thoughts that can run through your head, preventing you from exploring this most basic and very fulfilling art form.

I am here to show you that not only does it not have to be intimidating, but that it can also be very rewarding!

In class, I will show you a simple way to build your own journal, and add to it using regular scrapbooking supplies, and other bits and bobs you might have laying around your crafting space, and create something meaningful and fun in which you will always find inspiration!

Class Details
Saturday, February 5th
1pm to 4pm
$30 +gst
Art Journaling - 2011

I will have a lot of fun supplies on hand, including paint, watercolour pencils, masks and stencils and various "bits and bobs" from my own stash at home. But I need you to bring the following from home...

Student Supply List
- Scissors
- Paintbrushes (any size or shape)
- Sharpie, or other permanent marker, and a pencil
- An old magazine, catalogue, or other inspirational images from home
** An old, hardcover book. We will be using this to create the front and back covers for our journals. Choose one with a theme, or colour that you find interesting or inspiring. I like Value Village for the selection and price. If you don't bring one, I will have a couple extras to choose from.
Optional
- Craft mat (Ranger, Tattered Angels, etc.)
- Black permanent ink pad
- Your favourite stamp
- An apron or paint smock

I will cover lots of basic paint and inking techniques, and show you how to add collages and doodles to your completed backgrounds. And the binding technique for this album will allow you to keep adding pages as you go!

This is a self-directed class, in which you will complete as many pages as you want to, in the style of your choosing. I will show you lots of fun techniques, and help you with some journaling prompts and ideas to keep you going at home. That being said, we are not creating a set project, and your finished book might look nothing like the demo pictured above.

Please call the store to sign up, or with any questions: (780) 414-1540

later...lisa

No comments: