Monday, September 12, 2011

Mixed Media Canvas Class

I have been waiting and waiting for the new Crafter's Workshop stencils to come in, and now that they are finally here, I have used them to create this sweet and colourful canvas class!

During this fun class we will be turning one of these...

into something more like this...

I used the "Summer" stencil for my demo, but you will be able to choose whichever girl you like best to complete your canvas. I'm going to show you some creative ways to use your paper collection on a canvas project, with an assortment of paint techniques. I also want to get you a little more familiar with the basics of the "colour wheel"...your canvas will be full of the contrasting colours of your choice!

***UPDATED***
I created a second canvas to show you how versatile the stencils are, and another choice you will have at the workshop!
I created "Edith" using all the same techniques as "Summer" above - techniques we will cover in class - with a purple and yellow colour scheme instead. Remember that the patterns and colours can all be customized depending on the look you want for your lady!

Class Details
Saturday, October 1
1:30pm to 4:00pm
or
Saturday, November 19
1:30pm to 4:00pm
$40 (+gst)
You will get to use and take home two stencils from Crafter's Workshop collection, including any from the Balzer Designs set. 

Please bring:
- an assortment of small paint brushes (not foam ones...they are too big!)
- a text stamp that you love (or other generic image)
- Coffee Archival Ink Pad
- apron or paint clothes
- non-stick craft mat (if you have one)

You can pre-pay and reserve your spot by calling the store: (780) 414-1540. I've got lots of spaces, but that doesn't mean it won't fill up fast! And check out my TNT Layout class in the morning on the 1st...if you want to hang out all day!!

I have decided to offer this class on two separate dates to accommodate the most schedules. Please inform the girls at the store which date you want when you call to sign up!

Love Lisa

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hi Lisa! These are GORGEOUS!! I'll be coming to this class :)